Pulaski Elston SSA Study
The Pulaski Elston Business Association (PEBA) initiated this study to determine whether an SSA is appropriate for the area. The goal is to determine how an SSA could support local businesses by providing additional services and resources.
Thank you to all who attended the Virtual Community Meetings!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the two community meetings held on May 10th and May 13th via Zoom! Please visit the documents page to view the presentations!
Programs + Services
SSA-funded programs and services could include but are not limited to: Public Way Aesthetics, Corridor Maintenance, Tenant Retention and Attraction, Advertising and Promotion, and Business Outreach and Support.
- Landscaping + Beautification
- Hanging baskets
- Watering contracts
- Mulching / Mowing
- Monthly Business Breakfasts
- Small business fundraisers
- Decor + Gateway Signage
- Light Pole Banners
- Holiday Lighting
- Decor + Garlands
- Seasonal Landscaping
- Local Business Support
- Assistance with business permits, grants and resources
- Addresses and fills vacancies
- Liaison with City of Chicago
- Maintenance + Safety
- Sidewalk Snowplowing
- Sidewalk Cleaning
- Weeding / Spraying
- Cameras / Security
- Actively promote businesses, events, and local promotions via website, social media, and local partners
- Distribute posters and flyers
Why is an SSA needed?
An SSA is an economic development tool that brings businesses together to collectively decide how tax dollars can be spent locally to maintain and promote a shared business district. Today’s retail environment is challenging. Now more than ever, business owners understand the need to have a strategic and collaborative effort to identify common priorities and coordinate local improvements and marketing. An SSA can fund these goals and help local businesses stay competitive, attractive, and desirable for residents and customers alike.
PEBA is a not-for-profit Business Association designed to promote the visibility and growth of new and existing businesses in the Pulaski Elston Business Corridor. As a successful service organization PEBA will attempt to create a united community by promoting growth and positive relations among the neighborhood, local business and government agencies. PEBA strives to assist in the retention of existing businesses and attraction of new viable businesses in the Pulaski Elston Business District. We serve as a liaison between the City and local businesses that may benefit from city services, programs and special projects.
Our primary area of service is Argyle on the north, the Kennedy on the south, Cicero on the west and Lawndale on the east. We also encourage members beyond these points and welcome their support. Please join our cause. We look forward to your support.
We strive to:
- Revitalize our community and government by promoting businesses and industry
- Serve as business liaison between the community and government leaders
- Promote opportunities for shared services
- Promote a sense of identity for area businesses
- Educate and promote the growth of our member organizations